Providing Employment Services
Employment services help people find and retain jobs or advance in their careers. These include the following:
- Career readiness training is about teaching nontechnical skills, or “soft skills,” like teamwork, professionalism, and how to look for a job.
- College and career navigation helps students and job seekers plan out and achieve their academic and career goals through advice and support on what classes to take, how to write a résumé, where to get assistance with personal issues, and so on.
- Job clubs are small groups of job seekers that meet regularly for peer support and motivation and to share experiences and job contacts.
- Job development and placement strategies are about identifying job openings and connecting people with employment.
- Job retention strategies help workers keep their jobs and help employers retain their workforce.
- Reemployment services help laid-off workers transition to new jobs.