Providing Employment Services
Employment services help people find and retain jobs or advance in their careers. These include the following:
- Career readiness training is about teaching nontechnical skills or "soft skills," like teamwork, professionalism, and how to look for a job.
- College and career navigation helps students and job seekers plan out and achieve their academic and career goals through advice and support on things like what classes to take, how to write a résumé, and where to get assistance with personal issues.
- Job clubs are small groups of job seekers that meet regularly to share experiences and job contacts for peer support and motivation.
- Job development and placement strategies are about identifying job openings and connecting individuals with employment.
- Job retention strategies help workers keep their jobs and employers retain their workforce.
- Reemployment services help laid-off workers transition to new jobs.